Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Meatloaf and strange smells...

I'm attempting my first ever meatloaf. Seriously. I've never felt the need to make one, but my husband has asked 1/2 a dozen times or so for this delectable (barf) treat. He wax's poetic about how it is his favourite meal and how good his mom use to make it. Two things are against me here...
1. I've never made a meatloaf in my life.
2. His mom made the best he has ever tasted, how am I suppose to compete with that?
I searched the interweb last night and came up with a meatloaf that uses Heinz 57 sauce....it's in the oven now, so I'll let you know how it turns out.
Oscar makes some funny noises, and if it's in front of someone new I say "wow, Oscar is talkative today" Most of the time they look at me funny until I explain I have a colostomy...then they look at me even stranger. I am just dumb struck at how many people don't know about ostomies. Blows me away. Lately Oscar hasn't been able to make many noises because his filter's have been getting stopped up with runny poop. No biggie, but I now have to "burp" the pouch to let the gas out and a smell emits. The Pug's think this is the best thing ever and are constantly smelling the air around me hoping for a whiff. Very funny and very gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment