Thursday, June 12, 2014

Duct Tape Anyone?




When I was a kid, being called “lazy” by my parents was one of the worst things they could have said. Between school, swimming, cadets, hanging with friends and the numerous other activities that a 10-16 year old me partook in....I was exhausted. All the time.  Up at 7:00am, school all day and activities afterwards did not leave much time for more than a re-run of a MASH episode followed by an episode of Murphy Brown, bed was always 11:00pm, all to be repeated the next day.

Things like laundry and dishes and vacuuming and taking the dog for a walk all seemed insurmountable when tomorrows first period was calculus (and seriously who exactly is using that particular subject every day...or even once a year...?) and you had an entire week’s worth of calculations to produce.

As an adult my schedule has become more hectic. Owning Pug City Euroworks and Modern Relic Designs, being on numerous committees and a member of numerous associations, still finding time to walk all three family dogs, work out twice a week with a personal trainer, cook dinner for my husband which entails grocery shopping, and all the other things that a overextended grown up does.  When I do get the chance to be “lazy” a small part of me still cringes at the memories of being called that as a kid...but as an adult I RELISH my laziness. That’s right; this lady has taken laziness to a whole new level.

I’ve decided that if I can’t get at least 7-10 days out of a wafer I’ll do everything in my power to make it last. Itchy skin be dammed, if there is a leak I’ve devised numerous ways to put a stop to it....at least until I decide that I am ready to change. I am very fortunate to have a colostomy and absolutely NO skin issues...even if I do test my luck with weekly changes.

The pictures that you see are of the many way’s I have dealt with an unwanted leak a day or two before I am ready to do a change. I’ve gotten an extra two days of wafer wear out of my concoctions, and if this isn’t the height of laziness, I’m not sure what is.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your experience. We people cant feel the pain so we cant give you too much suggestions regarding Ostomy. All I could do is that make people aware about this problem before it gets worse. People find it difficult to wear their favorite dresses, they can use the Ostomy Lingerie as they are mainly designed for this purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ConvaTec is a global medical products and technologies company, We are providing Like...therapeutics, ostomy care, continence and critical care, and infusion devices etc...
    ostomy bag
    stoma care
    ileostomy bag
    urostomy bag
    ostomy care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really Nice Blog Thanks for sharing, People who find it really difficult to live life normally after Ostomy may also take help from the Ostomy bag that you can wear inside your cloths so that you can wear the dresses of your own choice without any tension.

    ostomy bag
    stoma care
    ileostomy bag
    urostomy bag
    ostomy care

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Asthma,Autism,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Fibromyalgia,Love Spell,Prostate Cancer,Lung Cancer,Glaucoma.,psoriasis, Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis,
    Dementia.,Tach Disease,Breast Cancer,Blood Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Love Spell,Chronic Diarrhea,Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Weak Erection,Breast Enlargment,Penis Enlargment,Hpv,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria)Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ . I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.

    ReplyDelete