Thursday, March 18, 2010

Pop corn...tiny puffs of yum


What's this you ask? Why it's Oscar and I munching on some yummy pop corn.

While in the hospital after our surgery, a friend brought me a tub of pop corn. I didn't mention it at the time, but I haven't been able to eat pop corn in 13 years. As long as my Crohn's was active I couldn't eat seed's...pop corn falling into that category.

After much studying on the subject of colostomy, in terms of what I can eat, I found out I can eat seeds/nuts, everything that I have been denying myself for all those long years. In fact, there is currently a glass with a spoon, on our coffee table containing sunflower seeds. I now keep these in arm's reach at all times.

The picture you see was taken yesterday afternoon as I Bogart the tub and REFUSED to let anyone have any until I had my fill. Oh pop corn, how I've missed you. Thank you Oscar for making this pop-sible.
ps: a woman on the HealingWell forum is having HER (80schick) surgery today. Please send her your good thoughts for a wonderful surgery and even better recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment